Local climate advocates will host two separate
Nights with the Candidates for the 10th Congressional District
Updated March 23, 2020 – The York and Harrisburg chapters of CCL will host two Nights with the Candidates events online: on Wednesday, March 25th (Tom Brier) and Monday, March 30th (Eugene DePasquale). Please note due to the coronavirus and the CDC’s recommendation to cancel large gatherings to slow the virus, these online events replace the two in-person events which were scheduled in York and Harrisburg on those same evenings.
Each event will include a discussion with a different candidate running for PA’s 10th Congressional District. Attendees will leave with a new understanding of the candidate’s views on climate change and their thoughts on what actions, if any, we should take to address it. Members of the media are welcome to attend.
- Where: Online. To join Zoom: https://citizensclimate.zoom.us/j/9459966710
OR go to zoom.us, select “Join a Meeting” and enter the meeting ID 945-996-6710
OR If you can’t join by computer, you can call in to join. Dial 408-638-0968 and enter the passcode 945-996-6710
- When: Tom Brier on 3/25/20 from 7-8 pm.
- When: Eugene DePasquale on 3/30/20 from 7-8 pm.
- In addition to hosting events like these, the members of the Harrisburg and York chapters of Citizens’ Climate Lobby regularly communicates with Reps. Perry and Smucker as well as Sens. Toomey and Casey about climate solutions they can support in Congress. In particular, CCL supports the bipartisan Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act (H.R. 763), which will drive down America’s carbon pollution at least 40% in the first 12 years, and 90% by 2050. As it does so, it will also improve health and save lives by reducing the pollution that Americans breathe, and it will boost the economy with millions of jobs, thanks to a monthly dividend going into Americans’ pockets. The bill has 77 members signed on.
- CONTACT: Jon Clark, [email protected], 717-825-6353###Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a national, non-partisan, nonprofit organization with local chapters across the country. The group has been the primary catalyst for the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act. To learn more about our work, visit citizensclimatelobby.org.